A celebrated artiste and a star performer, Chandana Raul is synonymous with the Indian classical dance: Odissi. She began learning Odissi from the tender age of 7 years under the tutelage of Smt. Dr. Vidyut Kumari Choudhary. Chandana continued learning diverse aspects of the classical dance from a galaxy of eminent gurus like Padam Shri Guru Gangadhar Pradhan and Guru Shri Durga Charan Ranbir. Her grooming culminated in graceful movements beautiful postures, captivating expression and scintillating style which creates a visual phenomenon. Apart from her technical virtuosity she displays a unique skill and versatility while depicting varied emotions and thus exceeds in the Abhinaya aspect of dance.
About Dr. Chandana Raul
Odissi is a form of Indian Dance characterized by the ecstatic expression of grace and power. Unifying feminine and masculine energies through fluid movement and rhythmic footwork, Odissi is an exquisite Yogic art.
Awards & Landmarks
- Kalinga Biranganna Samman, Odisha- 2016 .
- Panel artist of ICCR.
- Panel artist of Doordarshan.
- Jury member for awarding scholarship in Odishi dance by Govt. of India.
- Performed in documentary on Padamshree Guru Sri Pankaj Charan Das sponsored by Doordarshan.
- Performed in documentary based on Padma Vibhushan Guru Shri Kelucharan Mahapatra.
- Performed in documentary on MAHARI sponsored by Doordarshan.
- Performed in documentary(Karaghat) on Director Sh. Dola Govinda Rath
- Performed the role of Durga in the Dance drama “MAA DURGA” by Doordarshan
Odissi Dance - Navadurga - Aaradhya Samman
chandana raul navadurga
Dr. Chandana organises every year Upendra Bhanja Festival at Delhi, Dhavleshwar Festival at Cuttack and Aaradhya Samman Samaroh at Bhubaneswar Orissa.
Do you looking for an awesome event for your organisation?